Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Portola Valley Green Speaker Series
Global Warming: Update from the Frontline of Science
with Dr. James E. Hansen
In our second Pioneers of Sustainability event, Dr. James E. Hansen will give an update
on the latest global warming science, potential solutions and the challenges we face as
a nation. Dr. Hansen is well known for his testimony to Congress starting in the 1980s
that helped raise broad awareness of global warming. He remains one of the world’s
foremost scientists focused on climate change. According to former Vice President Al
Gore, “When the history of the climate crisis is written, Hansen will be seen as the scientist
with the most powerful and consistent voice calling for intelligent action to
preserve our planet's environment.” Dr. James Hansen has been the Director of the
NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies since 1981, while also serving as Adjunct
Professor in the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department at Columbia University
since 1985. He was trained in physics and astronomy in the space science program of
Dr. James Van Allen at the University of Iowa. Dr. Hansen was elected to the National
Academy of Sciences in 1996 and has received numerous honors including the Heinz
Environment Award and the World Wildlife Fund’s Conservation Medal. In 2006, he was
designated as one of Time magazine’s 100 People Who Shape Our World.
RSVP is appreciated, but not required to attend.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Brandi de Garmeaux, Sustainability and Resource Efficiency Coordinator at:
email@example.com 650.851.1700 ext.222
Parking at the Town Center is very limited. If possible, please carpool. If you are attending an evening meeting, please bring a flashlight and be careful of wildlife on the road.
From the North Bay:
- Take interstate 280 South to the Sand Hill Road exit
- Bear right at the exit to head West on Sand Hill Road
- Sand Hill Road turns into Portola Road at approximately 2.3 miles
- Continue 2.0 miles to the Town Center at 765 Portola Road
- The entrance to the Town Center is on the right, just after the Christ Church Episcopalian church
From the South Bay:
- Take interstate 280 North to the Alpine Road/Portola Valley exit
- Turn left onto Alpine Road
- Continue approximately 3 miles and turn right on Portola Road
- Continue approximately 1.5 miles on Portola Road
- The entrance to the Town Center is on the left at 765 Portola Road
When & Where
Town of Portola Valley
Energy Upgrade California in San Mateo County